Have I got your attention now? The giveaway is coming (I promise it’s at the end of this post), but first….
Last Wednesday was like Christmas morning! I received my very first gluten free subscription box in the mail through a wonderful company called Love with Food by G-Free Foodie.
“Love With Food helps you discover new organic or all-natural snacks delivered to your door every month. Our subscription membership starts as low as $10/month. Every month, Love With Food members will receive a curated box of unique, hard-to-find tasty snacks which varies based on seasonal themes. For every box sold, we donate a meal to several food banks such as the Feeding America Network and Share Our Strength - No Kid Hungry. Join us to help end child hunger one meal at a time!”
Seriously, what’s not to love?
All in all, I loved the diversity of the box. Of course all products were Celiac safe. But not just breakfast foods. Not just high carb cookies and treats. There was something for almost everyone – vegan, paleo, dairy free, nut free, grain free. And right at the top of the box was a handy pamphlet explaining what’s in the box and some highlights about each product’s nutritional status (ie gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, ect).
The box included lots of snack-sized samples as well as retail-sized items such as the Bob’s Red Mill pie crust, Hail Merry macaroons, and Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips – this makes for quite a great deal. The macaroons themselves normally retail for $4-5 per package, as does the pie crust. And a lot of these products I had not seen before, so it’s a great way to sample a bunch of new allergen-friendly treats without investing in an entire package of everything. And did I mention that there were a ton of coupons, too? Yes. Lots of coupons.
At the end of the day, I thought all products were well chosen in terms of taste, quality, and safety. And I had a blast sampling all of my goodies. It made for a fun and delicious afternoon.
Here we go, into individual product reviews:
Moringa Organic Tea by Miracle Tree – GF, Vegan, Organic
· I’ve never been a huge fan of apple cinnamon tea, but what I did like about this brand is that it doesn’t taste like someone smacked you in the face with an apple. It’s subtle and very pleasing. I was also excited to learn that their teas are caffeine-free – as a singer, caffeine tends to dry out my voice. I’d be very interested in trying their green tea.
Zesty Nacho Kale Chips by Rhythm Superfoods – GF, Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO
· Am I eating kale or potato chips? It’s true, it’s kale! The nacho flavor definitely came across. And six grams of protein! Makes for a nice snack. I think I might try to trick Krisopher into eating these. “Oh yes, it’s just green potato chips…” Is he reading this? Shoot.
Original Ancient Grain Granola by Purely Elizabeth– GF, Vegan, Non-GMO
· Pleasantly sweet. I don’t eat granola much, but when I do I like a healthier granola made with high quality grains that’s not overpoweringly sweet. This is really nice. The sweetness is subtle and comes from organic coconut palm sugar rather than refined sugar. They also use amaranth, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds instead of other more common grains/ingredients that are lower in nutrition. All organic. Be aware that it does contains GF oats in case you are sensitive to oats.
(Lyla must have deleted the picture when she sat on my keyboard. Bad kitty!)
Lightly Salted Plantain Chips by Turbana – GF, Vegan, Non-GMO
· Very light, and crispy. Goes great with hummus!
Hemp Hearts by Manitoba Harvest – GF, Vegan, Non-GMO
· The first thing I was drawn to on the label was that it’s made with wind power! Awesome. Then I saw that it has 10 grams of plant based protein. That’s incredible. I think I need to get these.
Roasted Chickpeas with Sea Salt by the Good Bean – GF, Vegan, Non-GMO
· Very crunchy and lightly salted. Perfect snack to stick in your purse. I don’t love eating lots of protein bars because of high amounts of sugar and soy, so this is a wonderful alternative. Can we talk to some airlines and get them to serve this instead of pretzels and peanuts? Also comes in cracked pepper, smoky chilli and lime, and sweet cinnamon.
Sea Salt Bops by Good Boy Organics – GF, Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO
· Oven baked potato chips with only 100 calories/bag. I tend to reach for chocolate before chips, but if I preferred chips I’d say this is a great guilt-free snack option if you’re craving something crunchy.
Almond Butter Cacao Truffle by Two Moms in the Raw – GF, Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO
· FAVORITE PRODUCT ALERT!!! Absolutely heavenly! Just the right balance of chocolate and almond. Only 7 grams of sugar, and it even has 4 grams of protein. And there are only four ingredients – organic almonds, organic agave, organic cacao, sea salt. Not heavy. All raw. Just heavenly. I need to order some of these.
Gluten Free Pie Crust by Bob’s Red Mill – GF, Vegan
· Receiving a whole bag of this was a wonderful surprise. I need to learn how to make pies! This may require a separate blog post, but I’m very excited to try it out. Kudos to G-Free Foodie for packaging it in an extra plastic bag just in case.
Strawberry Macaroons by Hail Merry – GF, Vegan, Non-GMO
· FAVORITE PRODUCT ALERT!!! What is this coconut strawberry miracle that I just put in my mouth?!?! Oh my goodness, this is one of the greatest prepackaged treats I have ever eaten! If you like coconut this is wonderful, and even if you don’t the coconut flavor is not overpowering. Also, they note on the package that “we dehydrate our macaroons at low temperatures to protect the organic extra virgin coconut oil and almond flour.” Love it when companies don’t kill the nutrients in their products through processing. Way to go! I’ve gotta get me some of these! A delight to eat.
24 Carrot Orange Fruit Snack by Fruigees – GF, Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO
· Pleasantly sweet with no added sugar. Nice so satisfy a sugar fix or when you’re on the go. Tastes more like orange than carrot, which I’m fine with.
Organic Mexican Seasoning by The Spice Hunter – GF, Vegan, Organic
· Very nicely balanced combination of spices. I sprinkled this on chicken, onion, and red bell pepper, then pan seared it all. It came out great.
This is a great company with an excellent product as well as a passion for charity. I highly recommend it. Find Love with Food by G-Free Foodie at:
Twitter: @gfreefoodie, @lovewithfood
And my readers get 50% off your first box! Just follow this link: http://bit.ly/50off-GF
Disclaimer: I was not paid to endorse this company nor any of the products. I was only given a sample box and the means to do this great giveaway so you can decide how you like it for yourself!
Now here’s what you’ve been waiting for – THE GIVEAWAY!!!
If you’d like to win a box of your own, simply comment below or send me an email at TastyMeditation@yahoo.com. Tell me your name/email and one sentence on why you’d like to win! Winner will be drawn at random. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm on Friday April 3rd.
Visit my instagram @TastyMeditation for a second entry! That’s right, I’ll be giving away TWO BOXES for double the GF fun!
Jessica & Lyla